PINE BROOK HILLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 7,  2006

 

The quarterly meeting of the PBH Homeowners Association Board was called to order by Tim Triggs, President, at 7:10pm on September 7, 2006, in the Community Center.             

 Board members present: Tim Triggs, Mark Menagh, Margit Mestdagh, Alex Baris, Suzanne Adams. Pam Creswell absent. Pete Lillydahl also attended a portion of the meeting.

Minutes:

The minutes of the June 6, 2006 Board Meeting were moved, seconded, and approved.Job description updates:  Board members need to edit and circulate their job description to other Board members for comments prior to the next Board meeting.   An electronic copy of the finalized job descriptions could be posted on PBH website.  A printed version could be given to new board members as part of a Board “tool kit”.

 New business up for discussion: To increase the awareness for the background and the ownership of the Community Center, a plaque was proposed: Mark and Suzanne will present a detailed proposal at next HOA general meeting.

 Timber Lane fuel break, update and future (Tim) This project is completed with respect to currently available funds.  A request for the final grant reimbursement payment was sent to the State. An extra $3000 was paid to the contractor. A total of $47,000 was spent on this project including $22,000 in grant money received from the state.  For 2007, information was sent to the Steve Lynn, fire mitigation manager, to compile this information with other fire districts to apply for a grant for 2007. Compiling this information will increase the chance for receiving a grant.  This 2007 grant is intended to complete the remainder of the Timber Lane project.

New business: Re-vegetating the dam/reservoir: Pete Lillydahl will spearhead the re-vegetation effort in conjunction with the water board.   He will conduct a meeting on this at the meeting room on October 17.

New business: Recreational use of the dam/reservoir: Recommendation:  Make this topic the “program” portion of the next HOA meeting forming a committee to develop a reservoir usage plan. Ask HOA members to submit topics the committee will cover.

Car Show / Block Party report (Suzanne) Has been a great success. $6,000 was collected.

Possible 2007 dues increase, and collection status (Alex) 286 out of 390 members paid. 73% of homeowners paid dues. Alex will send membership dues information to Param to be added to website. Current available funds are approximately $27,000. This year, we will approximately go $15,000 over budget. Recommendation: raise fees to $75. When the HOA dues contributions letter is being sent out, it will include a multi-level check boxes and an open-ended option to select higher a contribution.  Motion approved.

Crime rate in PBH (Mia) Mia will write a brief summary for the Pine Brook Press by September 15th.

House Tour status (Suzanne) Sept. 23/24th. Preparations are in full swing.

Newcomers Report  Next newcomers meeting will be held in mid October. Oct. 11 or 12th?

Fire evacuation signs (Suzanne)  The idea of permanent signs indicating multiple exits was abandoned by the BMFPD based on the recommendation of the PBH HOA Board. Gail Loveman's 3rd Arm organization will set up temporary evacuation signs to direct the traffic to the correct escape route.

Dam Dedication and HOA Brass Plaque (Mark, Tim) Mark will order the Plaque. Plaque text: “de Haas Dam, Sept. 23, 2006. In recognition of the contributions of the de Haas family to the PBH Water District.”

Pine Brook Aging Group (Tim) About 12 people have been meeting over the last six months discussing supporting aging neighbors who don't want to leave PBH.   A meeting open to all interested PBH residents will be held on October 29 at 3-5pm in the community room.

Board, Member at Large for ’07? (Pam et al) Pam will miss at least three general and one Board meeting next year. Pam would like to stay on the Board but will resign if the Board decides on having a Board member on board who can attend more meetings.  It was decided that no change would be made at this time, keeping her on the Board.

 The meeting was adjourned at  9:15 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Margit “Mia” Mestdagh, Secretary