PINE BROOK HILLS HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 6, 2006

The quarterly meeting of the PBH Homeowners Association Board was called to order by Tim Triggs, President, at 7:10pm on June 6, 2006, in the Community Center.            

 

Board members present: Tim Triggs, Mark Menagh, Margit Mestdagh, Suzanne Adams and Pam Creswell. Alex Baris was absent.

Minutes: The minutes of the March 7, 2006 Board Meeting were moved, seconded, and approved.

 

Insurance policy review (Pam Creswell)

Pam reviewed current policies in search for potential risks. Joyce Colson also reviewed the policies. They proved to be covering all the major risks and are with in line of standard policies.

 

Job description updates (Pam Creswell)

Treasurer's job description draft up for final review by Alex Baris, current Treasurer. Other job descriptions are pretty much finalized. Secretary job description still missing.

 

Mission Statement draft (Mark Menagh, Pam Creswell)

Mark Menagh provided a mission statement draft. Only change: not-for-profit change to non-profit  Proposal to present it to next PBH HOA general meeting. Moved, seconded & approved.

Mission Statement:

"The Pine Brook Hills Home Owner's Association is an all volunteer, non-profit organization, dedicated to advancing programs that make our the Pine Brook Hills community attractive, safe, harmonious, and healthy for all residents."

 

BMFPD DVD (Suzanne Adams)

Final version of DVD will be ready by next Monday, June12th. Phone campaign and follow-up letter will follow.

 

PBH Fire code

Fire code is in place, has been approved and is enforceable by the Fire Department.

The PBH Fire Code will be published on PBH website.

 

Timber Lane fuel break (Tim Triggs)

Budget for Timber Lane fuel break has been depleted. We'll apply for an additional grant in September. Contractor had contract not to exceed $40K. Contractor billed PBH $46K. Tim Triggs needs to find out why they went over budget. The board authorizes Tim Triggs to negotiate up to an additional  $3k.  Motion, moved, seconded and approved.

 

Chautauqua location for the July HOA meeting (Tim Triggs)

Scheduled for July 27th  potluck followed by meeting and music program.

 

Alternate location and program for the October 25 HOA meeting (Tim Triggs)

Alternate location depending of status of dam.

 

Possible 2007 dues increase

Mark Menagh proposed setting a goal of collecting dues from 80% of PBH households instead of the current approximate 60%. Proposal to add pie chart to PB Press and to the entrance of PBH on how funds are divided up. Tim Triggs will ask Alex Baris to create pie chart and write an article about the last years' PBH HOA fees spending distribution. Tim will contact Alex and CC other Board members on e-mail message.

 

Crime rate in PBH (Mia Mestdagh)

Mia Mestdagh will keep on pursuing issue. Need to find comparable figures to PBH crime rate .

 

House Tour status (Pam Creswell)

This year's house tour is scheduled for September 23 and 24th. It will be a fund raising event for the  BMFPD. So far three houses are signed up. Dam tour will be added to tour.

 

Car Show/Concours scheduled for Sun. August 27th for $10 admission – Also in support of BMFPD.

30 – 40 cars will be in the show. 

 

Fire Escape Routes Signs

22 fire escape route signs are proposed for PBH.  The PBH Board recommends to the Fire Board and John Benson to  reevaluate the plan. The PBH Boards main concerns are:

·          Currents signs plan seem to be confusing since some intersections will have signs pointing in multiple directions since PBH has multiple escape routes.

·          People might be routed to locked exit gates.

·          Current plan will increase the risk that people will get lost.

Motion passed to send letter to Fire Board and John Benson.

 

The meeting was adjourned at  9:40 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Margit “Mia” Mestdagh, Secretary